FULL TON EXTRACTION - MGSV

/
0 Comments

Another month and another fanbook! It took a few months but I finally finished Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and I was so driven to create another comic because this game really was so enjoyable and fun to play.


Once again I collaborated with comrade-in-arms DS in creating a gag/action comic with a range of mini stories based on the events in the game and our favourite characters. With the game's story based in the 80's I leapt at the chance to create a cover with all my fave aesthetics of 80's culture.




Made it look like the cover of a VHS tape (which I hunted in my garage to find old tape covers) and vaporwave-styled colours with the purple and blue.
Though Venom/Punished Snake is on the cover, a hidden Big Boss is in the back.

The cover was printed on uncoated card, with the VHS texture it really gives a faded and vintage appearance which really adds to the whole style (plus the text was a font based off a lot of 80's cult sci-fi films).


Specs:
  • Colour exterior/interior cover with B/W interior pages 
  • B5 size (9.8" x 6.9 ") 
  • Uncoated matt cover 
  • Staple bound 
  • 32 pages on 170gsm uncoated paper.
  • First printing: April 2016

    Available for sale at Pekoe Imperia and my store.





You may also like

No comments:

{ All artwork copyright (c) Gemma ND Sheldrake. Powered by Blogger.